Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Simplicity Is Elegance








My dad always tells me that "Simplicity is Elegance". I was asked to make a "wedding cake" for a Relief Society activity centered on the temple. I decided to go the simple route and make the cake entirely of Rice Crispy Treats. There are four cakes (6"x6"x4) each has a different flavor. Carmel/pecan, Chocolate/mint, White chocolate/strawberry, and chocolate/peanut butter were the flavors I chose. Each block was made by following this recipe:

1- 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1-stick of butter
10 cups of rice crispy cereal

Then I added simple flavor embellishments to each block.

The idea came from looking at "rice crispy wedding cake" images on google. Who knew something so simple could be so elegant!

Have the greatest day of your life!

-The Domestic Diva

5 comments:

  1. I used a fondant smoother to pack the mixture tightly into my pan. then I allowed it to cool and harden before removing it from my pan. Please let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... Delish! I will be sampling tonight for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Have the greatest day of your life." hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you for real???? Those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete