Monday, January 10, 2011

Dirty Jobs



Being a housewife/mother has it's glamourous moments. Cleaning the bathroom is NOT one of them!

Monday is my official bathroom cleaning day. I prefer to split up my less glamourous housewife tasks into different days of the week. It makes these jobs less overwhelming and painful.

There is nothing I hate more than having my hands smell like pee and chemicals so to combat this, I choose to work in rubber gloves. I also hate using rags so I choose to increase my carbon footprint and use disposable Clorox wipes. They leave my bathroom smelling like a summer breeze and they make everything *sparkle*. I can clean both my bathrooms in less than a half an hour. I've found that if I put an episode of "The Take Home Chef" (it is a TLC program in Netflix) on the laptop, then I can watch and clean at the same time and it makes the work less torturous.

Happy Monday Everybody!
The Domestic Diva

4 comments:

  1. Or, you can teach your children to clean at a very early age then you never have to do the dirty job again until they all leave home! :-) Love the picture of Audrey. Looks like she's being a big helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT MOM! YOU TOTALLY TRICKED US!!! :) Audrey helped me clean the sinks today... yeah I am try to teach her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalece, I miss you guys! I do hope the east coast is treating you well! I had to clean up not only a pee stained toilet but a throw-up covered one.. and I LOVE the smelly lysol wipes... wouldn't do it without them! haha

    ReplyDelete