Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cleanliness is next to impossible. ~Author Unknown


Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966


I'm not a clean freak...JUST A FREAK! Having 3 small children makes keeping a clean house next to impossible. I find myself glorying in the small tasks that I can do each day that STAY DONE! My favorite is that of making my bed. The rest of my house could be going to hell in a handbasket, but as long as my bed is made, I can feel some semblance of peace and tranquility. There is something satisfying about climbing into a crisply made bed after a long day of never ending housework.

May you find joy in the little things you do today,

-The Domestic Diva

3 comments:

  1. Amen and Hallelujah...love ya, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had finally mastered the habit of bed-making... Yay me! And then my kids caught on to my joy and took the wind out of my sails! Mmhmmm! So I find joys in other things now! It's a revolving door!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur bed is the exact colors of my sister's for her wedding.

    ReplyDelete