Thursday, January 27, 2011

S.A.D. Craft












I am sooooo ready for spring. I think I am suffering from S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder or Sad Arss Day). In my attempt to survive this endless winter, I thought I'd make and share a fun and easy Valentine craft. Here's what you will need. It took me about an hour to finish this and I did it by hand. If you have a sewing machine, you could make about 10 in the time it took me to make one!

Needle and thread
2- 6" fabric squares
1-4" felt square
1-fabric heart


1-Sew the heart in the center of your felt square using a running stitch.
2-Sew your felt square in the center of one of your 6" squares.
3-Then put your 2- 6" squares together (right sides together).
4-Sew around the outside of the squares using a smaller running stitch leaving a 3" opening on one side of the square.
5- You want your stitches to be close and tight on the sides as you will be filling your squares with rice!
6- Turn your bag right side out.
7- Next fill your bag with 2 cups of rice (any old kind you have in your pantry will do).
8-Fold the unfinished edges down inside the bag and sew together with a running stitch.

You are done! See now, don't you feel better? I know I do!

You can put a tag on your bag that reads something like this:
Microwave for 2-3 min for a warm hug from (insert your name here)

Have a fantastic day!

-The Domestic Diva

3 comments:

  1. This is made of recycled fabric. An old denim shirt and a felt Christmas tree skirt. :) REDUCE REUSE AND RECYCLE!!!

    ReplyDelete