Monday, February 7, 2011

Homemade Syrup









Got Pancakes? Here's a fantastically EASY syrup recipe that has been used for at least 3 generations in my family.

1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup water

Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan over high heat. Stir and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Pour into a glass measuring cup and serve over your favorite pancakes or waffles! Store left overs in the fridge in a glass or plastic container after it has cooled completely.

Have the greatest Monday of your life!

-The Domestic Diva

6 comments:

  1. No "high fructose corn syrup" in this bad boy! IT IS PURE SUGAR! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! we are moving to china where i don't anticipate being able to find maple syrup. and i'm going to pack my own vanilla.
    - becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you moving to china and why? Sounds like a GRAND adventure!!! I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also used other flavors instead of vanilla like almond, maple, hazelnut, butter pecan, just sub these extracts for the vanilla. I keep the syrup in little Rubbermaid liquid containers with spouts and label them. Easy recipe+varaity=Happy family! (see photo of containers here http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410KfUcF4uL.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea, M! I'm gonna have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete