Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goodwill "Hunting"











Audrey had preschool this morning downtown Charleston at 9:15 and Zumba doesn't start till ten, so I decided to kill some time doing some Goodwill Hunting.

I love Goodwill. I think my addiction to Goodwill began when a good friend of mine in Seattle introduced me to the Goodwill there. She dresses so cute and I comment on an outfit she was wearing one day and she said "$1.29"! I didn't believe her!!!! So she took me there one day and she showed me how to shop the Goodwill. Thanks R.A.!!!!

Our Goodwill in Charleston is AWESOME! They have all sorts of nice furniture (some of it IS a little over priced...) but what I go for is FABRIC! ENDLESS RACKS OF FABRIC for craft projects! No, it's not your typical fabric store with fabric on bolts that you cut into yards, but you get it in pants, shirts, skirts and dresses! Every week, there is a different color tag that is %50 off and another color tag that is $1.00. So I just pick through and ONLY find the $1 tags! Perfect for fun, easy, and environmentally friendly craft projects! Izzy and I found some fantastic fabrics for a project that I will feature on the blog in the near future (keep your eyes out for it)!
Ha! Just realized that the coat that Isabel is wearing in these pictures was purchased at this very Goodwill for under $5! I LOVE IT!!!

Happy Hunting!

-The Domestic Diva

6 comments:

  1. Sorry if you follow this blog and you got several email notifications! I'm having some technical difficulties today :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, Mary Ann, & I are all Goodwill & Saver's shoppers. I missed that in Alaska. That & Last Chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Savers. My kids tear up jeans like there is no tomorrow.. And Im not handy with a sewing machine (yes you can gasp and judge here LOL) but Savers gets my boys jeans for 2 dollars or less. Until I become reaquainted with my sewing machine... Savers will do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a formal at Savers for like $12 one time. I LOVE Savers so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right Marnae, you got that pretty black gown there didn't you? Thrift stores are the best!

    ReplyDelete